We have four general categories of volunteer:
- Board of Directors Members
- Team Leader Volunteers
- Team Member Volunteers
- Pop-up Volunteers
Board of Directors Members
Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the membership each year at an annual meeting, which is usually held in mid-July. The WICE Board of Directors is a working board, with each member expected to take on some small, additional volunteer task. Each member is expected to make a minimum commitment of two years, and each position requires 7 - 10 hours a week. Anyone desiring to be on the Board of Directors needs to be a WICE member, and should communicate their interest no later than 01 June.
Team Leader Volunteers
WICE has six departments: Membership, Programs, Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, and Administration. Each of the six departments requires a Team Leader.
Team Leaders should have some degree of executive skills, or a desire to develop executive skills. They are expected to make a minimum commitment of at least one year, and each position requires 5 - 6 hours a week.
WICE currently has openings for:
- Membership Director: Work with our marketing department, our programs department, and the membership team to recruit and retain members who will benefit from and contribute to WICE..
- Marketing Director: Oversee, coordinate, and maximize the efforts of our marketing team made up of graphics artists, photographers, copy writers, social media jedis, and more.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please contact us at email@example.com
Team Member Volunteers
Team member volunteers work somewhere in a department, usually in relatively well-defined jobs.
For example, current open positions for team member volunteers include:
- Assistant Language Coordinator. Work in our language department to develop and organize new ideas for language learning programs, and help organize and coordinate existing language learning program
- Customer Service Assistant. Assist WICE members in small problems they may be having with registering for membership, paying for courses, finding information, and other routine issues.
- Bookkeeping Assistant. Work with the Treasurer and finance team to ensure that routine financial flows are captured and recorded in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Volunteer Coordinator. Help ensure WICE volunteers are taking advantage of the full benefits available to them, and coordinate monthly apéros and other social events just for volunteers.
- Training Video Producer. Produce training videos with Camtasia to help volunteers and regular members understand designated WICE policies (e.g., Privacy, Harassment) and to more easily use to WICE's web platform.
- ChatGPT Prompt Specialist. Help keep current with 21st century technology by developing ChatGPT prompts to enable AI augmentation of the various departments. (This is a great opportunity to develop a marketable skill.)
We have a variety of team member volunteer positions open at any given time. If you are interested in this sort of position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pop-up volunteers may be called upon to help with the variety of unexpected or irregular situations that arise.
- When we have an apéro, we might need someone to help collect tickets at the door.
- When we have a pétanque game, we might need someone to help keep score.
- When we set up a stand at an all-day marketing event, we might need someone to help man the table.
Pop-up volunteers are not expected to make any particular commitment, either in duration of the volunteer position or in terms of hours per week. These are strictly ad hoc assignments.
What are you waiting for?
Whether you are trying to develop a marketable skill, keep your resumé or CV free of gaps, or you simply want to meet new people and have fun with a great group in Paris, WICE's volunteer program has a place for you.
For more information on any sort of volunteer position, please contact email@example.com.