4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Flavorful Fats that Give Back
A Culinary Nutrition Event and Cooking Demonstration
at Le Cordon Bleu’s Paris Cooking School
by Michele Redmond, MS, RDN
WICE is pleased to collaborate again with Chef Michele Redmond - who conducted last fall's very popular "Spice Workshop" - as she explores "Flavorful Fats that Give Back."
Join us for this informative demonstration and tasting where you will sample some of Michele's cooking (crispy chicken with a fast French pan sauce, smoky salmon rillette, shrimp fritters, crispy anchovies, fish with coconut & lime, almond/orange olive oil cake, lemon olive oil sorbet are some of the possible dishes) and you'll TAKE HOME with you new ideas and RECIPES.
These questions and more will be answered in our workshop.
Which cooking techniques use fats for the best flavors, textures and health benefits?
Which fats give back more in terms of health benefits?
-Coconut oil – miracle or mystery?
-Omega-3 fats in cooking and health benefits
-Saturated fats: fearless flavor?
Some of our Activities and Tastings include:
- Observe culinary techniques for using cooking fats.
- Learn which fats have better health benefits in cooking.
- Learn how to taste cooking oils and compare several.
- Taste several prepared foods that demonstrate fat differences.
- Leave with new recipes that explore flavorful fats.
These Culinary Topics will be covered:
- Smoke points
- Refined vs unrefined cooking oils
- No-stick saute tricks
- Butter: Clarified vs. Ghee & water content
- Shelf-life of fats
This event will take place in the Demonstration Room at Le Cordon Bleu Paris, which is located at: