**TUESDAY** 29th November
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Location: NEW Le Cordon Bleu Paris Cooking School
Umami Vegetable Taste Workshop & Cooking Demo
A Culinary Nutrition Event and Cooking Demonstration
at NEW Le Cordon Bleu's Paris Cooking School
by Michele Redmond, MS, RDN
WICE is pleased to collaborate again with Chef Michele Redmond who previously conducted two very popular workshops. You may recall her "Spice Workshop" in 2015 and her “Healthy Fats Workshop and Olive Oil Tasting” in 2014.
The topic of this event is UMAMI, one of the five fundamental tastes. Umami provides the rich, deliciousness of many classic French foods. It boosts flavors of foods, increases salt perception, tempts picky eaters to eat more vegetables and offers health benefits.
Join us for this informative culinary demonstration and tasting where you will sample some of Michele's cooking.
Some possible dishes include: pink peppercorn lentil pâté, walnut and mushroom ragoût with polenta, roasted eggplant with miso tamari vinaigrette, and walnut sauce verte with crispy, smashed potatoes.
You will also sample multiple foods and food products in a guided umami tasting, learn about umami-related health benefits and TAKE HOME with you new ideas, culinary tips and RECIPES.
These questions and more will be answered in the workshop.
- Umami is called the taste of savory or deliciousness, but how do you identify it?
- Why does umami make everything, particularly vegetables, more delicious?
- What are the culinary techniques for maximizing and balancing umami?
- What are the health-related benefits of plant-based umami?
Some of the Activities and Tastings include:
- A guided and comparative tasting to identify umami
- Taste a variety of umami-rich vegetable dishes
- Observe a variety of culinary nutrition techniques
- Leave with new recipes that highlight umami options
Culinary Tips and Resources include:
- Umami flavor balancing and salt seasoning adjustments
- Using aged and fermented food products
- Umami and glutamate product uses
- French sauce and stock secrets with umami aromatics
- Umami-centric vegetable and condiment guide
This event will take place at Le Cordon Bleu Paris,which is located at:
13-15 Quai André Citroën, Paris,75015, France
If you have any questions, please email Mary O'Leary, WICE Cooking Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Instructor: Michele Redmond is a French-trained chef and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She wants cooking and eating to be joyful events that promote your health and well-being. She is an Arizona State University Lecturer and Culinary Instructor who teaches and writes on culinary nutrition, taste science, food enjoyment and creating healthy, stress-free food cultures.
photos provided by: The Taste Workshop, Michele Redmond