WICE has long been a vital center for creative writing and literature study, particularly as the host of the celebrated Paris Writers' Workshop.
WICE offers classes and workshops to hone your writing and editing skills, to expand your knowledge of popular authors and genres through lively literary discussions, and to explore Paris past and present through the well-crafted words of French and expat writers. Our focus includes:
- Writing (prose, poetry, words and images)
- Literature (French masters, Paris expats, Greek mythology)
- The Migrant Soul (exploring international life through literature)
You’ll meet like-minded creative writers and readers and be guided and inspired by true lovers of the written word—published authors, journalists, poets, and professors of literature.
"I was a student of Bob Levy's writing class 'Raising the Stakes' and I would just like to tell you that he was a wonderful help to me in the class and I enjoyed the course immensely. Bob made a huge effort in the class and I think he is a very good teacher that I am sure has and will continue to inspire. Thanks." C.L.
Other literary resources at WICE
- Upstairs at Duroc, an international literary and arts journal that publishes established and emerging Paris-based writers.
- Bilingual Book Group, a monthly get together to discuss books (French and English).
- Writers on Writing, informal conversations with accomplished writers to inspire and inform the art and craft of writing.
- Paris Writers' Workshop, a summer writing workshop offering instruction from some of the best contemporary writers in the world.